The 808 is the Constant
Sometimes called the successor to dubstep, the trap sub-genre of hip-hop originated in the southern United States, circa the late 1990s. During the early aughts, innovative DJs and producers cranked the bpms up to 140, blended old-school trap with dubstep and techno, and in the process birthed modern EDM trap. A strong line exists between that original trap style and its current counterpart. Both are characterized by the iconic sound of the Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer.
Raw, Yet Danceable
Roland Cloud distilled the essence of the EDM trap sub-genre and welded it to our Concerto engine, providing a tool-kit for creating in this or any genre. TRAPPED allows users to create beats right out of the box or sculpt the perfect sound for use on future tracks.
Featuring Roland Cloud Concerto
Because TRAPPED and the FLAVR Series are powered by Roland Cloud's Concerto engine, users can expect the following workflow and quality enhancing features:
53 Hard-Hitting Patches
- Maximum 7 velocity layers per note
- ADSR resonant filter for lush sustains and harmonic decays
- Multiple instruments supported per plugin instance via separate MIDI channels
- Advanced multi-threaded loading and streaming for fast and smooth workflow
- VST and AU compatible
- 48khz stereo
- Adjustable key sensitivity
- Fine and coarse tuning controls, both manually or via MIDI control for coarse tuning
- Best-in-class, chainable effects including convolution and classic reverb, distortion, stereo chorus, flange, compression, and stereo delay
- Per instrument limiter toggle
- VST parameter automation
TRAPPED includes 53 patches including an extensive drum kit based on legendary Roland Rhythm Composers, the TR-808 and TR-9090. TRAPPED is sure to put the boom in your tracks.
Give these sounds a whirl as part of our 30-Day Free Trial,
or sign up for a Roland Cloud subscription today
. Roland Cloud gives you instant access to the TR-808 and TR-909 Rhythm Composers as well a host of genre-based FLAVR instruments.